Monday...The First Work Day After Going Off Daylight Saving Time
I thought I would be more tired this morning. When my alarm went off at 5am, I was up and ready to get in the shower. Don't get me wrong, I was still tired, but I was ready to get the day started. Then my brain kicked in and advised me that I didn't need to be getting up that early, so I obeyed my brain and laid back down for 30 minutes.
Work was busy. As I told Kerry today, half of Friday was sitting on my desk waiting for me when I got there this morning. And I actually felt like I got more accomplished today than Friday. Of course, maybe that's because hardly anyone was there. Cathy was off today, John and Debbie left to go to Ohio right before lunch to do inventory at a warehouse and meet a customer, so that left three of us in our department. Needless to say, it was a quiet afternoon, lol.
My evening was quiet, exchanged some songs with Kerry, the usual, lol. So what I thought I would do was put some lyrics here from songs that I'm listening to in my car. I'll do one song per day. In their own way, most of the songs have at least a part of them that I can relate to in some way. The artist is Ryan Shupe and The Rubber Band, the first song is Dream Big, their current single.
When you cry be sure to dry your eyes
'Cause better days are sure to come
And when you smile be sure to smile wide
And don't let them know that they have won
And when you walk, walk with pride
Don't show the hurt inside
Because the pain will soon be gone
And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
When you dream it might come true
And when you dream, dream big
And when you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it will help you feel ok
And when you pray, pray for strength to help you carry on
When the troubles come your way
And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
When you dream it might come true
And when you dream, dream big
And when you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it will help you feel ok
And when you pray, pray for strength to help you carry on
When the troubles come your way
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

That song was what inspired me to buy the cd. Turns out I love the rest of the songs just as much!
ReplyDelete