Thursday, August 10, 2006


Here is a beautiful female bald eagle I saw when I visited The Raptor Center the day before the wedding. I never knew it, but female bald eagles are larger than the males! My tour guide, Sharon, gave me the best tour ever! She even opened up LOCKED cage doors so I could get clear pictures of the magnificent raptors.

3 comments:

  1. he looks like he's staring right at me...... he's scaring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! (it's a she, Kerry) Terri saw lots of bald eagles when he was stationed with the Coast Guard on Kodiak Island in Alaska. He has quite a few pictures of them out in the wild....perching in the tops of trees. (the trees were bare...it was winter) I'll try to remember to dig the photo album out of the back of our closet sometime and scan a few for posting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete