Big "Thank You" to Lainie for sending me her snow. It started snowing lightly around 3:30pm today. By 6:00pm they were BIG FAT flakes everywhere! I was able to get home tonight before it started sticking to the roads, thankfully. I have a nice close parking space too, since they're "first come first serve."
I was chatting with Styx on msn after Kerry went to bed, and knew I would have to get up early for work, because of the snow. So after signing off with her about, oh 10pm I think, I went into the other room and decided before I go to bed, I really should go outside and see how much snow we have, see if it's still snowing, and maybe brush off what has already accumulated on my car. That will make it that much easier tomorrow morning when I'm leaving for work.
My car was completely covered. I would say we have at LEAST 4 inches of snow, thank you very much Lainie! LMAO. It's STILL snowing...at least the flakes are smaller now, lol. It's started as a very light snow earlier, but now it's a wet packing kind of snow, perfect for snowballs. But it's STILL snowing! When I brush my car off, I have a sort of pattern I try to follow, lol. (imagine that) I start on the roof, brushing snow back and forth off each side to clear the entire roof, then I do the driver side window, then I move to the rear window and trunk area, then to the windshield, then around to the passenger side windows, and finally the hood and front lights/grill area. Well, when I was coming around to the front of the car from the passenger side, I had to step up on the curb, and with the snow, I couldn't see where the edge of the curb was, so after I'd stepped up on it and then was stepping closer to the car to brush it off, my left foot slipped off the curb, and I sat on my ass in the snow, lmao. Good thing it isn't frigid cold outside.
I wonder how much more snow I'll have by morning? My car was already showing a new dusting of snow where I'd cleaned it, as I was walking back inside. My gloves are in the dryer, drying since one was engulfed in snow when I sat down. Now it's time for me to go bury myself in blankets in bed and sleep the night away, dreaming of palm trees and 75F temperatures.
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

Dammit!! The snow is getting misdirected again...this sux! My own darling hubby is even going to get to see some tomorrow when he lands assuming it sits around long enough in Manassas.
ReplyDeleteWas it 10pm? Not sure as I was multitasking like usual and lost track of the time.
*pouts because snow wasnt shared with her* ~BAWLZ~
LOL
It's snowing here again today. I sure wish the winds would redirect toward the southwest so Styxie could get some of this snow.
ReplyDeleteI hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell, chicagolady. I've had my share of falls on the ice and snow. (i hate winter)
I'll take that snow off your hands if you want. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI sent that damn snow south west. Apparently someone forgot about the south part. Sowwy :-(
ReplyDeleteLMAO
ReplyDeletewoke up this morning to it snowing..... it's a little later than usual coming from you. Should have started last night lol
ReplyDeleteBlogger is being tempermental. I haven't received emails for ANY of these comments, so I was thinking no one had read the post. That's why I didn't make another one last night. Hmmmmmmmm
ReplyDeleteemails?
ReplyDelete*hands lainie an orange marker so the directions are highlighted appropriately for the snow delivery peeps*
ReplyDeleteya know... now that you mention it I haven't gotten emails from blogger.com this week either. I didn't even pay attention LOL
ReplyDeletei read your posts. My blogger addy is something weird...umm Denise you tell them. huggles and love. I'm making something soft for you and kerry. I think you said Kerry likes mustard colors, and you like the color of prunes...is that right? *hides*
ReplyDelete