I'm off trying to finish this book.

It's due back to the library tomorrow, and I haven't checked to see if I can renew it. I'm still a ways from finishing it yet, so I don't know if I'll be successful, but I'd like to try. (Plus I'm doing laundry at the same time.)

You should check to see if the library has a site online. When we lived in Garland, the local library had where you could reserve books or even renew them online...
ReplyDeleteSame here Styxie. I hope you get to finish the book Chicago or better yet that you can renew it. Let us know if it is good.
ReplyDeleteIt's very good! I was too young to understand the bits that I did hear about her. I remember the war with Argentina over the Falklands, but not why there was a war. The author interviewed both people who loved her and people who hated her, so I am getting both sides, not just a one-sided lovefest.
ReplyDeleteI need to go look at books..I've read all the ones I've got so many times I know them verbatem. *time to go book shopping*
ReplyDeleteShe was quite an influential figure. I remember the Falklands war but couldn't see why the british fought over it - except for some of their people living there. It does seem to be the "other side of the world and absolutely the middle of nowhere".
ReplyDeleteIggy, based on what I learned in this book, her reasons for the Falklands War was primarily for their citizens: there were 1,820 British citizens living on those islands and they were very eager to stay under British rule, and also, if they let Argentina take the islands and did nothing, they would be perceived as weak, and Margaret Thatcher would not allow that to happen.
ReplyDeleteHope you manage to either finish or renew the book.
ReplyDeleteSo....did we finish or is it renewed?
ReplyDeleteI did not get it finished. I read until 11:30PM, and gave up. I still have a couple chapters left. So, I renewed it. I'm hoping it won't take two weeks to read two chapters, lol.
ReplyDeleteI always do that. Never get my books finished in time and then I pay a fee. Probably cheaper to just buy the darn thing!
ReplyDeletePlus I always borrow way too many books from the library at once. I just can't make up my mind ya know?