Saturday, December 23, 2006


Here's a picture I received in a Christmas card the other day. It's of my nephew Doug's family. Top left is his daughter Alycia, the boy waving in the bike helmet is his son Aaron, as is the picture in the top right. In the middle is my nephew Doug on his unicycle that he received this year for his 40th birthday. To the left of that is his wife Margie, below her is their son Aaron again. To the right of the unicycle picture is their daughter Alycia again, my nephew Doug and below him in the lower right corner is Margie.

It's been a few years since I've been out to California to see them. Aaron has Muscular Dystrophy, and the last time I saw him he was still walking on his own. Now he can't walk or even stand on his own anymore. He has a couple scooters he uses at school and home. He's 13 and I'm sure still has a lot of spirit and humor to share with everyone.

Alycia is 16, taking both high school and junior college classes. When she graduates high school, she'll be a sophomore in college. I'm told she's looking at a private art school in San Francisco. I'm so proud of her, as I'm sure her parents are.

With the upcoming wedding in March of Doug's younger brother, I'm looking forward to seeing the whole family next spring.

4 comments:

  1. Great picture. They look like a happy family. Will keep Aaron in my prayers. I hope someday they find a cure for MD. Things are progessing...just no cure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture!! I love pictures like that.. would make a nice banner from my work LOL
    Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Coz!!! Great pics but I wanna see more of you! Miss you big bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki Nikki I swear I am chasing you around the blogs LMAO!

    ReplyDelete