Monday, August 01, 2011

Things Are Kind Of Slow These Days

Not a lot going on around here.

Couch and recliner are ready already, told the store to hold them until the end of August so I can paint the living room before they are delivered.  And I can't do that until after I get back from vacation.

Speaking of vacation, I'm leaving this Saturday August 6 to visit family in Reno, NV then to California for a couple days, returning the following Saturday August 13.

I stayed home from work today due to some minor tummy problems.  Hoping it clears up quickly, as I need to start packing and can't miss any more work this week, since I'll be gone all next week.

Weather is still hot here, as I'm sure it is where most of you are at.  Wish it would cool down even for just a day, to give the air conditioner a rest.

Follow up on my license plate that was "stolen".  The morning after I went to the Secretary of States office to order a replacement, I received a call on my cell phone from the dealer.  They had my plate after all!  It apparently came off in the car wash, and wasn't discovered until that morning, four days after my car was there.  So that evening, before my early morning drive to Michigan, I went to the dealer and had them put both plates back on my car.  And when the new one comes in, I'll have them put that one on for me, so it will be nice and clean instead of the dirty icky one I have now.

I hope that these violent storms that have been going through let up, as they have caused various damages here and on the east coast where my friends are at.  Let's stay safe everyone.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better today. Tummy problems are no fun. :\

    I'm glad the dealer found your license plate, but man....they could have saved you the aggravation and trouble getting a replacement if only they had found it before your car left the dealership. A shiney new plate...at least you get something for your troubles. LOL

    We had some pretty severe storms blow thru here yesterday, but we were lucky for the most part. Nothing much right where I live. There were also two confirmed tornadoes that hit Wyoming County (the next county southeast of me) on Friday. We were lucky there, too.

    I hope you have a great time visiting family and friends on your vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your tummy issue cleared up already (and if it didn't, that it does soon).

    Enjoy your trip!

    Glad the plate was found in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip! I recall you always seem to enjoy California! (Maybe it will be cooler there?)

    Oh well, you gave the ex-Governor of Illinois something to do - making your new license plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip! Missin ya already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Iggy. That was a good one.

    I can see the book now, "The saga of the missing license plate". Hope you have a fun and safe trip.

    Catch you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a lovely vacation and the weather will just QUIT with the heat already! I've been watching it from over here and it's just been crazy this summer! Have fun, stay safe, keep cool and take tons of photos!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are having a glorious time. I got behind on blogs a little due to my problems. Trying to catch up!

    Ugh! Tummy problems. I am on ibuprofin right now and that's enough to kill your stomach. and don't tell your doctor your tummy hurts. All they do now is say "colonoscopy" no thanks!! Never again!

    ReplyDelete