Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Oh what a night! Late April back in 2006! LOL, my own version of the KC & the Sunshine hit!

I never even got a chance to get on the computer tonight until after Kerry was in bed! Oh my goodness, I was busy! It started out at maybe 5:15-5:30, when the phone rang. It was our long lost friend Deb. Her husband (I love saying that) Rick and his bell ringers are coming to Chicago for three performances next weekend, Deb is coming with, and would like to get together while she is here! We talked for awhile. She hasn't posted in forever for a couple reasons.

First, her back hurts when she sits down at the computer, so she hasn't really been on the computer much at all lately. Second, she hasn't posted in her blog for the first reason, but also because she FORGOT HER PASSWORD! And then she didn't have the energy to send Kerry or I an email to get her password. I will be emailing it to her tonight before I go to bed, lol. Other than all that, she's doing ok.

After I was off the phone with her, I called Darlene real quick to let her know Deb was alive and still coming to Chicago. While on the phone with her, my other line rings. I switch over, and it's the most recent match I received this week from The Right One! I switch back to Darlene, tell her I gotta go, then switch back to Tom.

Tom lives about 90 minutes away in a small town called Marseilles. He doesn't like the big city area at all. He's a truck driver, but didn't want to do it all his life, so he's back in school to be a nurse. He graduates next weekend, and already has a job waiting for him. He seems really nice, so we agreed once his exams are over with and he's finished with school, we'll figure out a time and place to meet to get better acquainted.

So while talking to him, I was taping TAR, cause I couldn't miss that. There's no repeats of it to watch later, lol. Since I was taping TAR, I missed Bones. I'll keep an eye out for possible repeats during the summer so I can catch this episode, it looked REALLY good!! By the time I got off the phone with Tom, it was almost 8pm CDT, time for Idol results show. I called Darlene back real quick to make sure she was going to watch. Andrea Boccelli was performing, so I told her she only needed to watch the first 15 minutes or so, then could watch whatever else she wanted. Andrea was great! And Kellie Pickler is FINALLY GONE! Wooooooooo hooooooooo

After Idol is Unan1mous, the show ended tonight waiting for the results of another vote to see if they can unanimously pick one of the remaining three to get the remaining $490,000 or so. What a waste...1.5 million dollars has dwindled to less than 1/3. One guy had the audacity to boast in secret to one of the others about how he just purchased a mercedes! And he claims he "needs" this money?? Once that information became public knowledge, there was no way anyone was going to vote for him to get the money!

Supposed to be another beautiful day tomorrow (it better be! I ordered one, lol) before cooling back down and getting rain for the weekend. Well, time to check the weather, take the clothes out of the washer, hang them up to dry, and start getting ready for bed. With traffic being so bad in the mornings lately, I'm having to leave by 6:45 to get to work by 8am.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you heard from your friend, Deb. I know you and Kerry have been a bit worried about her.

    Sure sounds like you had a busy night...between tv, phone calls, and posting your blog. Tom sounds like a nice guy, and I hope you have the chance to meet him soon.

    A little birdy told me today was your birthday. If the birdy is correct....HAPPY BIRTHDAY. (if the birdy is wrong, I'm gonna shoot it) Have a great day either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am sooooooooo sorry


    HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!

    ReplyDelete