Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What a weird night. I stop at Target on Tuesday afternoons on the way home from work, to buy any new cd's that have been just released, because they're cheaper then. Well this week, there were two notable cd's being released, one by Def Leppard, and one by The Dixie Chicks. Since Kerry LOVES the chicks, and she really really wanted to buy the cd herself, we agreed she'd buy that one, and I'd buy the Def Leppard cd. While I was there I picked up a couple others I saw that weren't too expensive.

I came home and got on the computer to tell Kerry about the cd's I bought. First she wanted to tell me about the cd's she bought. Along with the chicks cd, she bought the Walk the Line soundtrack, and a Canadian artist named David Wilcox and an older Judds cd we'd been wanting. Then it was my turn to tell her what I bought. In addition to the new Def Leppard cd, I bought the American Idol 5 cd, and that was when Kerry said "OMFG I HAD IT IN MY HAND!" I chuckled, and proceeded to tell her about the next cd I bought, Michael Bolton, Bolton Swings Sinatra The Second Time Around. At that I thought Kerry was going to faint dead on the floor. She said, "I HAD IT IN MY HAND F**K OFF!!!" Good thing she didn't buy either one of them, lmao.

I watched American Idol tonight, the first two songs by each performer were songs they'd previously sung, so I listened from in front of the computer while I ripped my cd's to the computer. The third song by each performer are the single they will release should they win. I didn't really care for Katharine's song, Taylor's was much better. And at the end, Simon said if after the first two songs the singers were tied, Taylor would win the competition! Wooooo! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Tomorrow is the two hour season finale, then I am done with all regularly scheduled shows until September. And I read in next week's tv guide that two shows I really liked on Friday nights are not being renewed next year. Very disappointing.

As soon as Kerry finishes sending me music tonight, since it's now after 10pm EDT, I'll finish watching the ACM's and go to bed, with my alarm set correctly! I figured out my problem, I had the 5:30 alarm still set on Sat/Sun not M-F. Also have to set the timer to tape Jay Leno tonight, cause Def Lep will be on it. Woooo Hoooo

1 comment:

  1. just as I turned off MSN and was about to step away from my desk/t.v I see that Kelly Clarkson was walking out to sing with Rascall of course I had to stop and stand there and watch that LOL
    then I trotted off to bed and layed in bed and listened to the show until I drifted off to sleep.
    Managed to hear Keith Urban on the piano put a whole new twist on his song and make me wonder if the man even knew how to sing..... then I got to listen to Brooks and Dunn and omg I swear they should have had a standing ovation when they were done. probably heard more after that just don't remember lol

    ReplyDelete