Monday, March 24, 2008

As some of you may know, and others may not, I haven't been online much the past week due to shoulder problems. Last Saturday (just over a week ago) my left shoulder was hurting really bad, and I couldn't raise my arm over my head. Advil and Aleve weren't helping me manage any of the pain either. At first, I thought it was because of how I had been sitting in the chair at my computer; leaning slightly to the left, resting on my elbow. But after taking a couple days away from the computer last Sunday and Monday, it was no better.

I was on the computer Tuesday and Wednesday night for a bit during Idol, with my shoulder still bothering me. Thursday night I came home from work and stayed off the computer (for the most part.) Friday I was off work, so I rested my shoulder and arm all day, but by late afternoon, I wasn't even comfortable sitting in the chair at the computer, so there was no way I'd be able to stream, let alone sit for four hours listening to Kerry's and AK's streams.

Saturday I did nothing all day, again trying to rest my shoulder. Still no change. I spent yesterday, Easter Sunday at my aunt's house (her son cooked lunch/dinner for us), and rested it again last night. It was still no better this morning, so I decided I better call the doctor to see what's going on with it. I really hate doctors, so my calling to make an appointment is a big deal. My appointment is Wednesday afternoon, so I'm taking a half day. At least I can sit at the computer without pain, for today at least.

Keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

6 comments:

  1. *keeps her fingers crossed* It sounds like bursitis has settled into your shoulder to me, but that's just a guess. I know what you mean about making doctor's appointments. I get nerved up just picking up the phone. (and you know how long it took for me to finally seek help) Good luck. I'll be thinking of you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gentle hugs* Am surprised the resting didnt help it. It usually helps mine. I think many of us are the same with the dr and if we're calling for one it's a big deal. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping the fingers crossed too. Hugs...hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon! I know you and your stream were missed by folks (like me and that groupie person).

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that groupie person

    I sooo hope it's nothing serious!!!

    Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, I hate it that you are hurting. Now that you took the "big step" and are going to the Dr., be sure to do what he tells you! I hope it is nothing serious. Huggsssss

    ReplyDelete