Thursday, November 06, 2008

Below are some various pictures I've taken in the past week or so. This first one is a tree that turns red like this every Autumn. It's so beautiful, I look forward to it every year. As you can see, some of the trees are bare, some are barely changing, and some are in full color. Autumn definitely seems to like doing things in stages around here.

Next are the trees to the left off my balcony. As you can see, some trees are bare, one has changed to yellow, and the big one in the background has hardly started to change.


This is some type of berry tree that also turns a lovely orange every Autumn. It is wide enough to drape across parts of three parking spaces. When Autumn comes, and those berries start falling, those are three spaces I will not park my car. I learned the hard way the mess those berries leave on your hood.

These are some trees at work, that just last week, maybe Thursday or Friday were still very green. By Monday, when I came back to work, the tops had started to change, it was that fast. If the sun comes out tomorrow (I feel like Annie) I'll try to grab a picture of what they look like now. The hard part is getting the right angle with the sun.

Here's more of the trees at work. As you can see, the ones overhanging the drive to the parking garage are still green, but the one in the center is starting to change. Again, this was taken last week, and now the leaves have started to fall off.

I don't know if this is the same kind of Pampas Grass that Punkn blogged about, but it looked similar enough for me to take a picture. What do you think, Punkn?

And last but not least, I saw this while filling my tank with gas last Sunday. A dead WTF (Whistling TrackFoot) Alien, left on the side of the lot, not even being given a decent burial. I suspect foul play because the blinking orange eye is missing, along with the feet. Who would commit such a heinous crime?

6 comments:

  1. I suspect that red concrete pole alien to the left....someone grab him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Red Concrete Pole Alien related to the Cement-Headed Door Watcher?

    Link

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so confused with these alien names. LOL

    Great pics. Looks like a wide variety of trees around your area. The younger trees take longer for the change to occur. The one little maple tree in the neighbor's yard next to the office just lost most of its leaves yesterday. They were green last week but bright yellow the other day. (the wind helped them drop too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been a spotty foliage season here too... those trees that did turn color - mostly the smaller red, yellow and orange trees and bushes were and are magnificent. I think things peaked here early this week. Some trees are still green and some are all bare and never did change color. Go figure.

    Yes, I think LadyStyx is right... you caught the Cement-headed Door Watcher "red handed". LMAO!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures ChicagoLady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure looks like the same Pampas Grass. The tassles are so pretty.
    I tried grabbing the RCPA but he's a slippery sucker. Has anyone place a call into CSI?
    I enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt you can get any pictures this afternoon, unless you want to photograph the sleet and rain. :(

    ReplyDelete