While I'm thinking of a title, I'll get you caught up on things around here.
Sunday I went to see Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey, Jr. It was good, had a lot of action, some funny moments...but I just don't know if it was all that. London was portrayed as a very dirty city (which I'm sure it was in the late 1800's), and Sherlock Holmes himself was dirty, unkempt, even slovenly. It's so opposite of the portrayal I remember as a kid by Basil Rathbone. I know directors like to take liberties when they re-do movies, but I am usually disappointed when they remake older movies, updating them to today. I have a similar issue with music. Whichever version of a song I hear first, to me is the "original", even if it's a remake, and therefore any other version, even the true original just doesn't sound right to me. I wish I could give you an example, but according to a memory test I took last night, I'm sleep deprived, lol.
Tonight is American Idol; more auditions in Orlando, Florida. Last night was an embarassing showcase of the lack of talent here in Chicago. Out of about 12,000 contestants, only 13 got golden tickets to Hollywood. 13! And some of those aren't even FROM Chicago! No wonder they only come here every 4-5 years, there isn't enough talent to support more frequent visits.
Work is going ok, keeping busy enough to fill my days and still have lots to do the next day. My big garage door customer in PA is looking more and more like a lost account. We found out today that they bought some material for Jan and Feb deliveries from someone else (which we'd suspected, just didn't know who). Not sure why my contact feels it's necessary to lie to me, but whatever. It will sort of be a relief, as this customer is very demanding, and we have never really been able to properly handle this type of business. Management won't let it go easily, though, since we are a Japanese company, and the customer is owned by a Japanese company. They must save face at all costs. Even if it means my sanity.
Well, my pizza's ready and Idol's about to start, so better go slice it up before it gets cold.
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

We saw "It's Complicated" when it came out. That pretty much takes care of going to the movies for this year (we rarely go).
ReplyDeleteI'll catch Sherlock Holmes on video. I know what you mean about remakes of any kind. I'm the same way.
You will be lucky to be rid of that account. It's just hard to tell yourself that right now.
Have a great day. Raining here... guess that is better than snow!
I bet the election results in MA woke ya up bit! I was rather surprised by the MA voters... who'd of thunk they could clear their heads of the Kennedy drug so quickly?
ReplyDeleteI haven't been watching American Idol. I'll wait until they get to Hollywood and then will probably start watching....maybe. I didn't watch much of it last year, so who knows.
ReplyDeleteI want to see Avatar...it looks pretty good. There are a few other movies advertised on tv I wouldn't mind seeing sometime, too.
I hope your pizza was good. :)
I hope you enjoyed your pizza and Idol!! I watched the second half. I loved that guy getting arrested, lol! People are so dumb!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope that company makes a firm decision soon because hemming and hawwing is VERY stressful! I hate it when people do that!
Big hugs!!!!
Still need to get that entry up...*sigh*. I wonder which lows we'll hit this week....
ReplyDeletePizza and Idol, does it get any better?
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a fabulous week!!
ReplyDeleteCrap, I so need to catch up on my idol! Now I'm in the mood for pizza
ReplyDelete(love the title btw)
Are there good Idol contestants this season? I haven't made a point to tune in....basketball season and a buttload of kids tends to thwart any television watching. Well, except for basketball watching.
ReplyDelete