Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nothing To See, Move Along

It's been a quiet week here. Work, of course. And I'm not lucky enough to have Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, so a regular weekend. Idol started this week, which I watched with Styxie. The temperatures finally went above freezing this week, so yesterday I got my car washed after work. It's all clean and pretty again. Hopefully soon I'll get out and take a picture of it for you.

Update on the second batch of PB fudge. It never fully set. I cut it but it just never firmed up enough to actually cut pieces and pick them up. I even put it in the fridge for a day and a half. Next batch we try we'll beat it more, see if that helps. Not sure if it's because it wasn't beaten enough, but when I did try to "scoop" out a piece, it felt very grainy. So I think the beating serves another purpose, to make sure the powdered sugar gets completely blended in to smooth out the mixture. I'll let you know how the next batch turns out.

7 comments:

  1. One of these days that fudge is going to be perfect! And when it is, you're going to have to share with all of us.

    I suffered through the Idol trials. Why, I don't have a clue. I like the show once they get rid of all the idiots lol.

    Now get out there and get a picture of your car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to warm up here too!! I was actually hot in my coat by afternoon. We are sooo NOT used to these temps down here!!

    I think the auditions are the best part of Idol, lol!! I don't think I'll watch with no Paula OR Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the next batch of fudge.

    We don't have Monday off either. Cows don't care if it's a holiday...and neither do horses, pigs, goats, calves, chickens, rabbits, etc, etc. :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came, I saw, I moved along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd mind if I had to make PB fudge over and over again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love the T-Th ritual we get into. Not so many worthy enough to share in this episode. I think I'll wait on Weds and do just one post this week.

    mmm pb fudge.... I so need to get my mom to make me a couple batches next year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come out, come out wherever you are......



    stoopid crackbook.....

    ReplyDelete