Saturday, July 09, 2011

Missing Talent and Beautiful Weather

I decided that if I wanted to get back to blogging again, I would need "something" to help me find things to write about.  My life just isn't that exciting to have topics for blog posts daily or even twice weekly.  So with the assistance of a blog prompt website that gives me random ideas (which I don't always follow) and with the occasional video that I find, I'm able to get back to some not-so-regular blogging.  Today, I am combining yesterday's and today's blog prompts into one blog post.

The "missing talent" part is from yesterday.  If I can remember it correctly (since it was 11pm when I read it last night) the prompt was what talent do I wish I had.  That's an easy one to talk about.  I have absolutely no ability to write stories that grab people's attention, and I have absolutely no ability to draw/sketch/paint/doodle.  I can write, and give you what information you need, in an intelligent matter, so "most" people would understand it.  But to put words down that someone has to keep reading because they are so enthralled by it and can't bear to stop? That's just not me.  I have an example of what I can't do but wish I could, but I have to find it first.  I'll put that on my growing list of things to do tomorrow.

The "beautiful weather" reference is to today's prompt.  It asked me to describe the perfect Autumn day and what activity I enjoy doing.  I'm going to change it up a bit, and list my favorite Summer day, since that's my favorite season, and because, honestly, both Spring and Autumn tend to suck around here.  Nine times out of ten, it's cold, rainy, gloomy.  Sometimes we get what is called Indian Summer, but not always; and there are times the weather is miserable starting in September and doesn't let up until June.  So my perfect Summer day is when it's 80-82F outside, sunshine, and a slight breeze to keep it from being too warm.  My favorite activity would be pretty much anything outside.  Sitting in a chair in the shade, sipping a lemonade.  Or taking a leisurely walk on a partially shaded path through the woods or along a riverbank.  Even a relaxing bicycle ride would work for me, as long as there was a place to stop and enjoy the view or just relax for a few minutes.  Of course I'd want some company doing these activities; what fun are they if you do them alone?

I have a few pictures I took on July 4 at my friend's parent's house.  They do a barbecue/turkey boil every year and then we watch fireworks from the front yard.  Fortunately I'm not in any of the pictures, otherwise the camera would have broken on me, lol.  I'll try to get those transferred to the computer this weekend too so I can try to write about it next week.

*Adds another thing to my to do list for this weekend*

8 comments:

  1. I can write, but I'm taking courses on email college to improve my writing, since there's always room for improvement.

    What's the blog prompts site? Could be useful on I-don't-know-what-to-write-today kinds of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.don't make me come up there. You are a lovely lady..and you would NOT break a camera!! So stop that *hugs*

    Spring is pretty in the south. Everything is in bloom (can you say allergy attack? LOL) but it is pretty!! Summer is too hot here to enjoy. It's almost 5 a.m. and it's 85 outside right now. Today it was 104 with 18% humidity. That's the only good thing about this area..low humidity. But the heat is horrid!

    Hope you have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post. Very interesting and I loved reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading what you write.......so there! And your summer activities sound wonderful to me! Just make mine an iced tea, OK? *grin*

    I don't know what the flowers are in your background, but I just bought some yesterday - same shade too! They are sooo pretty! I have to remember to take a photo before I kill them, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori, the blog prompt site is:

    http://www.creativity-portal.com/prompts/imagination.prompt.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find your writing to be very interesting. Now, if I can just remember to come here. It seems my blog list doesn't show when you update your blog for some reason. I think I'm going to have to remove you (I'm sorry!) and add you back in (quickly).

    Your perfect day sounds hmmmmmmm..... PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean by "what fun is doing that alone".

    But that stroll in the shady woods near the river would be so pleasant with someone to share it with and to talk to while doing it.

    As for your writing - you write quite well - somedays writer block just gets a relentless grip on one ( like me just now).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete