Here's a close-up of the new carpeting the put on the stairs and the landings on floors 2 and 3. It has rows of blue and green weaved together, and rows of tan and maroon weaved together. The colors match what they did with the walls, but to me it's just too dark for an aparment building that has one little window by the door on the first floor, and three windows directly above the door that you can't even reach from the landings. I'll try to take a picture of those to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. And of course, with the tile on the first floor now, every time the door closes it echos in the hall area, which I knew it would do when they decided to put tile in. Even with the carpet on the stairs and landings, it's not enough to absorb the noise from the door closing. Now if they would just add one more light in the parking lot like I mentioned they should do...
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

That tile is really pretty upclose but dang at a distance....too dark for my liking. Most especially since there seems to be a lack of lighting in that hallway.
ReplyDeleteYeah, there's not a lot of lighting. One little light on each floor and one way up high just inside the door. If one goes out, makes for a dark stairway, lol.
ReplyDeleteI love the travertine. It will last forever.
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful but wow everything is so dark. Wonder what they were thinking when the picked such dark colors on purpose.
ReplyDeleteI got thinking last night, maybe their reasoning is the it "wont show the dirt as badly" as it would on a lighter surface. I know the light tiles in my kitchen tend to show the least little bit...especially by the door where it's higher traffic (we use the back door as our main entrance/ exit because the front door is in the livingroom and we have light Berber in there). Maybe there's an upgrade coming with the lighting later? Especially once they realize how poor the lighting is...
ReplyDeleteThe tile's really pretty, but not my taste (colour wise). I think they should have done a lighter colour, personally.
ReplyDelete