Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My day is not starting out too good. With the sunshine I sent to Ladystyx, I now get all the rain! We need it, so it's not all bad. But most of the lightning and thunder came when I would have "wanted" to go to bed last night. I decided to stay up for a while, to see if it would eventually let up enough to allow me to fall asleep. Finally, about 1:30AM, the storm let up enough for me to try to get to sleep.

As I was turning out the lights to head to bed, the guys in the building across from me, decided to come out onto their balcony and start talking very loudly, laughing, having a good time. Since my windows were still open, I could hear them very well. I went to bed anyway, hoping I could block them out, or they'd go back inside, and I'd get to sleep quickly. Fortunately, they weren't out that long, and I was able to fall asleep.

It only lasted about 2 hours. They came back onto the balcony about 3:40AM and were talking and laughing so loudly, they woke me up! I was having none of that. In my nighshirt (that went down to my knees) I went out onto my balcony and hollared over at them to please keep it down, people are trying to sleep. At first they were sort of rude, like why should they have to keep it quiet, and who was I to ask them to do it. But my mission was accomplished, they were quiet and I was able to get back to sleep. Until about 6:10AM.

That's when the guy started mowing the grass of the fairway outside my building. With him going back and forth, lengthwise, cutting the whole fairway, there was no way I could block him out on my own. I had to resort to tougher methods. Closing my bedroom window and turning on the fan portion of my a/c would work. Ah, sweet bliss, I was able to fall asleep AGAIN. Until my alarm went off at 9:30 to complete my intended eight hour sleep cycle.

Needless to say I'm not feeling that rested after being woken up from a sound sleep TWICE. I might need a nap before heading out for what I hope will be fireworks tonight.

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!

Update at 10:08AM. If my alarm hadn't woken me up at 9:30, I'd be up by now anyway, I forgot about the parade that started at 10 today and goes through the neighborhood behind my building. Of course, they are running their sirens to let everyone know what they sound like and to know they are there. It's bad enough here, I can't imagine if it was right outside my house.

8 comments:

  1. Hate to tell ya darlin', somebody must have skimmed the sunshine in that shipment as I only got a day and a half at best (2-3 hrs on Monday, most of the day yesterday and 3 hours today) so you really cant be blaming me. Unless you only had a day and a half to spare, then you can. It's back to the rain and gloom again. This a good thing though as it washes the pollen from the air and if Im "lucky" the fireworks will get cancelled. Dont get me wrong I love fireworks, but I hate listening to the dog bark the whole damn night because she doesnt.

    As for those neighbors. I dont blame you. However, when they got rude I would have told them they had a choice...either quiet down on their own accord OR the cops would be called. When the cops are called, a report is filed with the apartment complex so not only do you deal with the embarrassment of the cops banging on your door, you have the leasing office on your back as well. Once reminded that it could be a whole lot worse than just shutting up when you ask them to and being courteous, the noise should stop. Unless you have idiots next door like we did. If the leasing office doesnt correct it...drop it in the BBB's lap. That'll fix it for good.

    The mowing and parade...well nothing can be done about that short of what you did already. You could also try putting a radio in your room and play some soft instrumental music in it. Just enough to cover the noise.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Happy 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...neighbors can be so rude, can't they? We don't have an apartment complex so we are stuck with them unless we want to call the state police...then you have very unhappy neighbors who hate you for a long time. LOL

    It's lightly raining here now and a bit windy. Terri is grilling our steaks on our front porch...it has a roof.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and the fireworks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to say all of what I want to say the first time around. :\ I wanted to tell you that I like the colors of your post today. Very patriotic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neighbors have been very Patriotic the last few nights and have been shooting off fireworks. The dog barks once in awhile but it's not too bad. I'm sure it will get loud around here once everyone is back at home from the several firework displays in the surrounding towns.


    I like your red white and blue blog too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neighbrous can be very rude and very annoying at times. The people who live above me, for example, are often quite noisy. It's not so much hearing them talking loudly or laughing loudly or whatever, it's their music. Or, rather, what passes for music in their strange minds. They love the kind of music that's more like a rhythmic noise than music. It's very annoying, and made worse by the fact that they play it quite loudly. And, on weekends, until quite late at night. Well, the guy does. When he's out, the most you hear is the little one running around,

    Anyway, happy 4th July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors too!!

    Michael called the cops on our neighbors last week lol they KEEP PARKING in our driveway and it's finally pissed him off and so he called to have the car towed... they called the neighbor to come move it and then she knocked on our door and ripped Michael a new asshole..... lets just say he didn't back down

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your day ended much better than it started!

    ReplyDelete