I forgot to post this picture when I mentioned the trip to the Memphis Art Museum. It was about 95F outside, but I wanted to take a moment before going in to get a picture of the outside. I thought it was an interestingly shaped building. Plus there are the three statues on the outside. I'm not sure what they are of, like I said, it was very hot, and we didn't want to stand outside in the sun for very long. Of course, once we were inside, it was quite cold, and I ended up being eager to get back out into the heat. I know, museums need to keep it cool to protect the art. But this was a spur of the moment decision, so I didn't have the opportunity to change into pants and bring a jacket.
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

Great pic!
ReplyDeleteYou're right...the shape is rather interesting!
ReplyDeletecool picture!
ReplyDeleteIt looks grecian to me. hugs and have a great week.
ReplyDeleteCool Picture! You're right, it is an interesting shape!
ReplyDeleteThe Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art looks like a cool (well, I mean "neat") place. The Beaux-Arts building is unusual. Reading through the rest of your blogs (I got way behind), I noticed your entry about Corrie Ten Boom. I met the lady once, many years ago, she was a remarkable person. If you visit http://www.corrietenboom.com/history.htm You can read a bit of her family's history and the tragedy of war. "The Hiding Place" might be the book you were looking for... its rather grim.
ReplyDeleteWOW what a neat building!
ReplyDelete