Monday, August 20, 2007

A co-worker of mine sent me an email that I had to post here.

A girl from Chicago, and a girl from the East Coast were seated side-by-side on an airplane. The girl from Chicago, being friendly, says, "So, where ya from?"

The girl from the East Coast says, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence."

The girl from Chicago sat quietly for a few moments, then replied, "So, where ya from, bitch?"


This joke was being discussed at work because this same co-worker of mine ends many sentences with a preposition, such as "Do you want to come with?" That style of speaking drives her husband's family nuts, and they've tried to correct her on it, to no avail. Now one of her sisters-in-law is starting to speak that way, lol.

5 comments:

  1. OMG they are going to take over the. Prepositions please. Wonder if they have been listening to GWB too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that statement after I took an ambien...so don't hold the GWB against me. I'm going to Jenna's wedding..wanna come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! The prepositions on the end of sentences is something I have to consciously watch out for especially when I'm writing, unless I have a character who speaks in that way. Now that I think about it...LOL I talk like that sometimes..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. *raises hand guiltily* yep yep...Im known for speaking both ways....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I is so ignert I dunt know whad a preposition is.

    I do know I enjoyed the joke though :-)

    ReplyDelete