
*Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
*Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
*Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
*Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
*Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
I was able to successfully take care of all the rules except for the first one. Five bloggers? Hmmm, I know Iggy's not available. Tori isn't either. Neither is Jess, Marmite, Wife 'O Riley, AK, Lainie, punkn via Sugar Bush. So that leaves........YOU!
Instead of trying to pick five bloggers, I nominate this to all the other readers of my blog who haven't already been nominated: LadyStyx, Karla, punkn not via Sugar Bush, and anyone else that I'm forgetting, because I know there's someone.
You can post the award on your blog, you can forward it if you know of other bloggers that are deserving and haven't won yet. Or you can just say thanks and ignore it. I won't mind, honest!
When I started blogging, I wasn't sure what I would write about. Believe me, my life just isn't that interesting! After closing my first blog and starting over with a new one, I have found that it is actually quite enjoyable. I can post crazy stuff, silly stuff, political stuff (even though not everyone might agree with my positions), lots of pictures, whatever I want. I can make it as personal or as light-hearted as I want it to be. Thank you to all my readers for their support, I do this for all of us.
One new blogger that I just recently started lurking at, is Dorkys Ramos. She's a great blogger that I just recently discovered via comments left for Iggy. She blogs at Dry As Toast. Her first blog I read was about trying to navigate the Philly subway system to get to the parade for the World Champion Phillies. Now, being a Chicago Cubs fan, I can honestly say I wish it had been the Cubs winning the Series instead of the Phillies. But at least it was the NL team that won. So, congratulations to the Phillies and to all Philly phans. From what I've read on her blog, I'll have to stop lurking and post some comments to let her know she has a new reader.

You TOTALLY deserve this award!! I love reading your stuff everyday!
ReplyDeletePS I agree about the Phillies winning, if it couldn't be the Cubs and least it was the NL.
Im with The Wife...another totally deserving winner of the award! Hard part is going to be finding even ONE person that hasnt been nominated by the others yet. I got a couple ideas though because they havent been named yet. I'll do this tomorrow so I have something other than my stats to post.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting the award. :)
ReplyDeleteI was the same as you... When I first started my blog I had no idea what I'd write about. Now - 2 & 1/2 years later - I've done more than 900 posts on various topics, and resorted to adding a LBE warning on some of my posts because I often get carried away posting about stuff. LOL!
And that's without counting my almost 300 poems on the poetry blog, and my stories on my story page.... So much for not having anything to post about. ;)
Great job, Chicagolady, and congrats on the award. I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pics. I know I'll never get to the areas you post about, so it's like taking a trip without actually going on that trip. Thank you! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteWhoot! Whoot! Totally deserving. I always enjoy popping in to check your site out.
ReplyDelete*Hugs the award winner!*
ReplyDelete:)
First off, congrats on your award!! (I've actually popped in here before because I absolutely love your icon/profile picture) Very well deserved indeed.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks so much for introducing me; how sweet are you? I'm so glad you delurked and look forward to popping in here way more often now!!
As far as figuring out what to write about, I'm with you. Isn't it great to feel free to write about serious and lighthearted topics, post pictures, total randomness, personal experiences AND hear what other people think? It's great :)