Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's Almost Friday!


Today was beautiful, mostly sunny, upper 40's, very nice weather for January. After such a cold start to winter at the beginning of December, the last month has been unseasonably warm. Wonder what that means for Spring and Summer???

I stopped on the way home to fill my car with gas, which I do about every 5 days. Gas is costing about $2.28 per gallon here. I think that's about $0.60 per litre. Kerry check my math, lmao (1 gallon is about 3.75 litres?)

I was planning on watching a rerun episode, that I had not seen, of CSI:NY at 7pm, but instead it was a rerun episode of CSI, which I had seen. So I dozed for about 15 minutes, then read some emails, then watched a new CSI episode at 8pm. ER was a rerun, so I switched over to CNN to watch Anderson Cooper 360. He is in New Orleans, still working to find out why so many people there don't have assistance from FEMA. He spoke to the President of Bernard Parrish, who bought 6500 trailers, at a savings of almost $3000 versus the FEMA trailers. Bernard Parrish doesn't have the money themselves to pay for this, and they figured FEMA would be glad to pay for them, seeing as how they're saving them so much money.

You'd think, huh?? Nope! FEMA is now stating that there are too many roadblocks, red tape, regulations, etc for them to install the trailers. $3000 per trailer savings for 6500 trailers. Do the math! That's over $18 million dollars in savings for FEMA, and they are stonewalling! Meanwhile, the ship that is currently holding several hundred New Orleans residents is set to leave port the end of February. Where are these people supposed to go? Apparently, it will be YEARS before enough trailers could be made to house everyone who needs one. Un-freaking-believeable that in this day and age, with all the technological advances, that we have a government this callous as to leave these people homeless after all these months.

No comments:

Post a Comment