Hot Hot Saturday. My Weather Underground link says it's 92F/34C out, but it might be hotter. I was holding off on turning my a/c on as long as I could. Last night while streaming, it was SO warm in my apartment, with nary a breeze through the windows. (It's gettin' hott in herre, so take off all your clothes) Sorry, I digress...but I always think of that song when someone says it's "hot in here."
Yesterday after work, I finally got my adapter for my keyboard, so I could hook it up to my old computer and run WipeDrive. After streaming, I turned on a small oscillating fan I have, sat in front of it, and started it up. After one minor problem with the startup, I finally got it working and proceeded to wipe the drive. The oh-so-easy instructions included with the software don't mention anything about change the boot sequence of your computer so it will boot off your cd-rom drive. I had to use my current computer to go to the website and troubleshoot it. *Sigh* Good thing I sorta knew what I was doing when I went into the old computer's BIOS, lol.
To make a long story short, the drive was wiped, I went to bed about 1:30, layed there in the heat for at least half an hour, partly due to the neighbors on their balcony that were talking way too loud for 2am, partly due to the fact that if I moved I was sweating. At 8:30, I woke up HOT, said F**K IT, and turned the a/c on in the living room. My alarm then went off at 9am, I hit snooze till 10am, finally got up, showered, dressed, checked email, then took my computer to the recycler across town. Then I headed north to Fantastic Sam's to get my hair cut. It's too hot to not get it cut, and I don't want it long and droopy for next weekend.
The a/c in the living room doesn't really cool this bedroom much, but it is just enough to take the edge off, so I'm not sweating as I sit here and type.
Tomorrow, I'm going to go see Fantastic 4: The Silver Surfer. I hope it's as good as the first one, I loved it!
NTT playlist has been sent to Kerry, so I'm all set for tonight. I might putz around in here for a bit, maybe see what else I can take care of. It's nice not seeing that old computer in here anymore, lol.
The #Dogs’ July 2024 Vet Trip
2 years ago

The temps sound like what we've had down here. Let me know how you like the movie as hubby is wanting to go see it next weekend. Good to see you're getting more accomplished in the "less is more" project. Maybe should have you pop down this way and help us get started.Thanks for the words of encouragement earlier. I needed to hear them.
ReplyDeletejust sitting here waiting for Michael to come home, can't decide what to order for supper via delivery food LOL... Michael went to work today yes on the shutdown and he's said it will be about 9pm before he gets home *sigh*
ReplyDeleteokay so just wanted to ask again have you switched the beds yet??
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt hasn't been that hot here this past week, but the weather forecasters say it's heading our way. This room is the hottest in the trailer and it got up to 88F before we got the air conditioner in the livinmg room window. I have a tower fan in the doorway to this room and it draws in the cooler air from the hallway and the living room. Along with the ceiling fan above my head, it feels nice in this room today.
ReplyDeleteGlad the adapter finally arrived and you wiped your old hard drive clean. I wouldn't know where to start on a project like that.
Terri and I went to Bonanza for dinner today for Father's Day. He ordered the 16 oz. T-bone steak special and said it was good. Time for me to get busy putting my NTT playlist in order. Sometimes it's hard choosing which 11 songs I want to use for the theme I'm working on...there are so many I want to use for most of them. I stream for another hour after the game so will play them afterwards. I had fun last night during your NTT (cept for those two songs) :\ You and Kerry do a great job hosting each week, and I enjoy playing.
(long comment here means I won't have to post in mine)
ROTFLMAO @ long comment in here means no post in yours
ReplyDeleteI think of that song when someone says that too!
ReplyDelete