Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sorry, had to show you one more cicada picture, lmao. This is a dead cicada that was found yesterday afternoon just outside the door to our office. One of our salesmen picked it up and brought it in to toss in the garbage. Instead, Cathy wanted to leave it for our boss John, as a surprise when he came out of his meeting. First they just put it on his desk, but then decided it would be funnier if they taped him to the windshield of this toy HON truck he has. They even wrote a note and made fake blood drips on the paper, lmao. The note said something about the cicada got hit by his HON truck. John got a good chuckle out of it, and it has been left taped to the truck still.

Then today, when I got to work about 8:15, Cathy mentioned to me that she captured a cicada that somehow made it into our office and was flying around. She put it in a cup , put a small plastic plate on it, and was going to leave it for Debbie, because she FREAKS when ever we talk about them. But then Cathy had a better idea. Instead of the plate, she got some plastic wrap and a rubberband, covered the cup with that, then punched air holes in the plastic. Debbie freaked when she came in and saw that on her desk. She almost turned right around and went home. We moved the cicada-in-a-cup to John's desk and put it next to the dead one still on the truck windshield. Everyonce in awhile, I would pick up the cup, and tilt it so the alive cicada could see his dead brother, lmao.

Late morning, one of our coordinators was outside smoking. Unbeknownst to him, a cicada bummed a ride up to our office. It flew around the office, so Cathy being the attentive bug lover she is, quickly scooped it up and put it in the same cup with the first one. We were hoping one was female and they'd mate. No such luck. Whenever one would fall over on his back, he'd vibrate his tympas. That was an interesting sound to hear in the office, lol. About lunchtime, John took the cup outside and set them free.

We do actually have a little fun in the office, thanks to Cathy, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like some fun practical jokesters are in your office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok there is no obsession with the cicada's going on in your office nope don't see that at all
    but bwhahahahaha snort hahahahah with the cicada on the windshield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I don't work in your office. I'm scared of those cicada's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your office sounds a lot like the department I work in. We've got one girl who doesn't like bugs of any kind and she's the first one to go running if anyone says, "Hey look what I found." A few weeks ago we had a bunch of carpenter ants crawling around and I caught one and painted a dot on it with some white ink. We let it go and were able to track it for a day or so until it disappeared altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That truck is so cute. My baby Jacob Ryan would go nuts over it. Hugs and more hugs

    ReplyDelete