AliceKay...do you know what this is???? I went out on my balcony this evening to start the barbecue so I could finish off the last porkchop before I left, and there was about four times as much of this today as there was yesterday.Then while I was getting the coals nice and hot, something wasn't happy about my intrusion out there. I started hearing these squeaking noises coming from overhead, between the balcony above and the bricks of the building. Figure it out yet?
Yup, they're baaaaaack! My bats must be seasonal travelers and only come through in early summer. I think they are small brown bats, very common around here, although I never see them flying around at night. And from what AK has told me, bats (like mice) can fit into very small spaces, lol.
Everybody lose their appetite yet? LMAO

LMAO...yep, they only need a half inch. Terri says he'll have to send you a bat house. (first he has to get one for me) The game warden friend of ours said to get a bat house to see if they'll migrate from our place to the bat house. From what I've been reading, that doesn't always work.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip. (and thanks for the pic) :p
Denise has made friends with her bats... don't think she wants a bat house to catch them LOL..... she even promised to get off the balcony tonight and let them have their space LOL
ReplyDeleteshe needs a dog!
Do these bats pay rent? They should since leaving a mess like that around for someone else to clean up. Wow what a field day they will have this weekend with the whole balcony to themselves. I hope she leaves the bbq grill open so they can use it while they have their mojito party tonight.
ReplyDeletemojito party? LOL
ReplyDeleteBats are Back...sounds like a Meatloaf album title..lol Just don't stand directly under them!
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Memphis. I'm jealous!
I guess your bats didn't move into AliceKay's place then. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI think they're cousins. :\
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDeletewaiting for Memphis pictures!
ReplyDeleteDenise are you back? I wanna hear from you before one of us dies. I laughed so hard when I heard your last phone message. I had gone to the doctor and then out getting errands done. I really am normally home in the day. I guess I kind of made a liar out of myself by not being home the two days you called in the daylight hours. I want to see pics from your trip. Hugs and love
ReplyDelete