Following are a bunch of pictures I took today. First up is Charlie:
He must have been mighty hungry. There was a lot of digging going on in the snow on my deck. I hadn't fed the birds in several days, so there wasn't anything for him to steal right from the feeder.
He has a nice bushy tail. The other morning I saw one running across my parking lot that had only about half a tail. Made me wonder what happened. Did another animal almost get him? Poor Charlie...
On my way back inside from some shopping, I looked up and noticed this chunk of ice hanging over the edge of our building. With temperatures into the mid 30's, it was melting and dripping onto our stoop. I just hope it doesn't start sliding off and land on someone.
Last night on the way home, I stopped at my local Tiger Direct warehouse because I saw they had LCD monitors on sale for $129.99. This particular model was listed as originally $289, so I figured saving $160 was pretty good.
Samsung is a good name and the reviews for it were all very good. It was quite easy to set up.
Here it is, all set up and working just fine. Now I don't have to deal with that honkin' CRT Monitor on my desk! That will be going to the computer recycling place very soon.
I would hate to be a squirrel out in the cold snow trying to find something to eat with the threat of something trying to eat me looming over my head. Somewhere out in chicago land is a critter wearing squirrel skin gloves or a hat maybe.
Enjoy the new monitor! Your computer desk really looks nice and neat. I wouldnt take a picture of mine - the 1 to 2 inches of dust is embarrassing - but not enough so that I'll find a rag and some leamony pledge.
Your new monitor looks just like mine. I have a Samsung 19 inch widescreen, too. Got it a year and a half or so ago. I kept it when I got the new computer and gave the new monitor to Terri. (i liked this one's resolution much better)
I would hate to be a squirrel out in the cold snow trying to find something to eat with the threat of something trying to eat me looming over my head. Somewhere out in chicago land is a critter wearing squirrel skin gloves or a hat maybe.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new monitor! Your computer desk really looks nice and neat. I wouldnt take a picture of mine - the 1 to 2 inches of dust is embarrassing - but not enough so that I'll find a rag and some leamony pledge.
That's an awesome deal on that monitor! I haven't been to TigerDirect yet, but I now I'll have to go.
ReplyDeletewell I hope you fed the poor thing...He needs to eat too! LOL
ReplyDeleteNice price! Wish I could find deals like that but ...alas when I do I don't have the money at the time
What a clean desk... I've tried cleaning mine up...several times. It doesnt seem to last long with the projects that pile up.
ReplyDeleteYour new monitor looks just like mine. I have a Samsung 19 inch widescreen, too. Got it a year and a half or so ago. I kept it when I got the new computer and gave the new monitor to Terri. (i liked this one's resolution much better)
ReplyDelete