Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive. Not very clean, but alive. I haven't had the time or energy to be online much, or to even check blogger the last few days. Today I had all sorts of time to do nothing, since I had no water.

Yup, there was another leak from the cold. I thought everything was fine until I woke up this morning to no water in the building. Apparently, there was a leak in my wall that was coming out in the bathroom below me. Finally about 4pm Jack, my good buddy and maintenance manager came with a plumber to cut into my wall and replace the broken pipe. The wall should be fixed by Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday, and the toilet will be put back in place then.

I now have water, but when it was finally turned back on, it was too late for me to go out for any of the errands I wanted to run today. So I was basically a hermit today, staying snuggled under a blankie relaxing. The good news is it's warming up outside, slowly but surely. I have other things to blog, but they'll have to wait until I can maybe sorta get caught up on all the other blogs that I've neglected for days.

10 comments:

  1. Oh man! That really sucks! Three times now? They really got to figure something out about fixing this.

    It supposed to get warm here... up a whole 30 some degrees... to simply freezing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it feels like a heat wave outside. You can actually stand there for all of 6 minutes today.

    That really sucks about the plumbing, I'm glad you have water now.

    The best thing about the internet is that we can't smell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again? *sigh* Iggy said it best so I'll just shup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your comments, and I never know to leave the answers in my comments or yours. Vivi is picked up by Matt's mom on Wednesday afternoons and is dropped off either Friday night or Saturday.

    I'm not completely thrilled with the arrangement, but at least we don't have to pay for daycare for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really sucks. Your building seems to have a lot of frozen water pipe problems. I hope things get back to normal soon. (if there is a normal in life today) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really sucs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how you fared with the deep freeze. I remember last year when your pipes froze, what a mess. Hugs you from a distance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You bring back awful memories. We had a broken pipe and they cut through the drywall to fix it. Do you know that wall had a hole in there for 3 years before my husband did something about it? Hmmmmph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a PITA!!! Hopefully it all gets resolved SOON!!!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete