Friday, January 23, 2009

Time to finally start getting caught up on some posts I've been needing to do...

This award is from LadyStyx. Thank you so much!!! I do my best to make my blog interesting, and it's nice to know my readers appreciate my effort.

Here are the rules:

1. Say a nice thing to a man in your life.
2. List at least six ways you measure success in your life.
3. Assign five other worthy blogs.

First, there is no "man" in my life. So does my boss count? I wished him a nice weekend before I left work today.

Second, I've had to really think about this. And think. And think. I've been thinking for almost two weeks! Can anyone imagine how difficult this is? Now that my brain hurts from it, here are my six (I hope) in no particular order:

- Getting my paycheck on the 15th and last day of the month. That means I still have a job, which is a big success considering my luck the last two downturns in the economy.

- Waking up every morning. That means I'm not dead, so that's success, right? Work with me people!!! I TOLD you this was hard!

- Getting awards from my bloggy friends. That means success at this pitiful attempt at blogging.

(Only three more, come on you can do it!)

- Seeing my credit card balance go down. That means I'm spending less, which is a good thing! Debt is bad!

- Having good friends to spend time with. Both IRL and online. A few of you I only talk to online, but hope to meet someday. I treasure all my friends and would miss them terribly if I lost them.

- Getting my taxes done on time. I got my W2 today, so I'm all set. Maybe this year I won't wait until the second week of April to do them.

Whew! I need a rest after all that work!

The third and final part, I need to assign five worthy blogs. Five? Only five? Ok, here's goes:

TheGrammarphile @ Red Pen, Inc. She finds some of the worst grammar mistakes ever on the net, and I get a laugh when reading them every day.

Wife Of Riley @ Living The Life With The Wife Of Riley. Not only is it so cool that we're both from Chicago, but she and her hubby have the greatest relationship and she openly shares the hilarity with her readers.

Babyrocasmama @ Last Shreds Of Sanity. It's nice to find another blogger out there that isn't taken in by Obamania. She also takes the time to support other bloggers who are needing assistance, prayers, any kind of help. And she held some awesome giveaways last year. Too bad I didn't win any of them, lol.

The Blue Ridge Gal @ The Blue Ridge Gal. She has been sharing pictures of her world in Virginia, her family (including her doggies), and her childhood home in Iowa. That alone is enough for me, but the way she tells the stories and describes things grabs you and makes you want to come back tomorrow to see what else she's found.

Heather @ This Is The Day...Ps118:24. I'm a relatively new reader to her blog, but I greatly admire her faith, her love for her family, and her sense of humor. Anyone that will admit to finding ET playing the drums while everyone was at church, belongs in our little crazy world!

Wow! I did it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you, Lady! That is so cool. I have seen this award before and had some, ummm, devious thoughts about it! LOL (OK I'm a bit twisted, sorry!)

    I really do love awards, I just have trouble with some of the rules...LOL And it always seems the people I want to give it to have already gotten it! But I will figure this out, I promise!

    Thank you again! And i didn't win any of the giveaways I entered either!

    As far as the Obama Machine...a blind man could see through that one! Dang, I mean closing GITMO? We're screwed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! And congrats to the people you gave it to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! And your accomplishments aren't anything to sneeze at. In fact you are doing pretty well! Better than the current boss of the IRS who was late in paying $34,000 in taxes (I still CAN'T believe congress approved his appointment! "It was an honest mistake" oh, yeah, right....sure it was... but if it had been me that had done it, I'd be in for a taxpayer paid for stay at a minimum security motel - not getting a high salary job!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, gee, thanks! I love to know how other people "see" me through my blog. My first readers were family, so they already know me. That's hard, 'cause now I have to always tell the truth or they'll call me on it, especially since my sister blogs now, too. Not that I would lie, just stretch the truth sometimes...

    Thanks for the award. I'll have to think on this one for awhile...

    ReplyDelete